1. Safety and Security
Personally, I would hope that as part of the overall safety of all of our schools and communities that governments realize the need to improve security measurers’ city wide as all children are Australia’s future assets
2. Private Schools
My parents, my children and I all attended private schooling and appreciate and value the moral and cultural identity that this education system encourages and offers in the community. Private schools actually save the state money and have a history of producing well rounded students who achieve in adulthood
3. Religious FreedomObservance of the Jewish religion and customs include the ritual circumcision (“brit milah”) of male children at the age of 8 days, and observing Jewish dietary laws (eating food that is rabbinically-certified as kosher). Do you envisage making changes to any of the following? If so, what changes?
4. IsraelOur community overwhelmingly supports Zionism as the modern political movement for the self-determination of the Jewish people; and Israel as the homeland of the Jewish people.
Personally I believe people should retain their cultural identity as it makes Australia stronger and richer and persecuted people should be liberated
Australia may be an island, but we need to engage in trade with all nations in order to prosper and move forward in this rapidly changing world
Personally I believe the media is biased against many issues and races and I consider that the media needs to be taken to task to promote journalism and not gutter press
Exploitation of children and terrorism can never be condoned or ignored and foreign aid should come with a balance sheet on what the money has been spent on and if a satisfactory answer is not provided then aid should be withdrawn or reduced if proof is not provided that the money is used for the intended purpose
Personally Australia should not be involved in this and I would do my best for this not to be endorsed
5. Global Antisemitism
The “Durban Strategy”, like many other strategies that have been collectively agreed to in recent years have not been founded on significant evidence or modeling and most are a byproduct of someone trying to get a notch on their belt and should be treated accordingly
6. Antisemitism in Australia
· Sections 18C and 18D of the Racial Discrimination Act.
· The activities of radical preachers in schools and religious institutions.
· Public and school education campaigns against violent and/or extremist ideologies.
Schools, communities and educational establishments exist to foster and promote innovation etc, education and role modeling for future generations and also learning from history to go forward, anything that promotes disunity, promotes violence, promotes hatred, and promotes violence I personally believe should not be permitted and legislation is paramount to ensure good citizen values are not compromised
7. Relations with IranIran continues to contravene its international obligations and remains the greatest state sponsor of global terrorism. (Refer to Appendix 5 – Iran: a Rogue State.)
· further relaxation of sanctions and expansion of trade
Personally I believe that Australia needs to be stronger and set up policies and legislation to reflect the sentiments of Australians that we do not condone or support terrorism in any form